Friday, September 3, 2010
Blog Assignment 1
My name is Samantha Engel. I was born in Annapolis, MD and have lived in the surrounding area for most of my life. I like watching 90's cartoons and live action TV shows. They tend to be more interesting than shows made in the 2000's, probably because they had less censoring from their network. I like to paint, but I wouldn't want art to be my major. Traditional artists are known for being poor and/or mentally disturbed, so I think I will focus more on humanities and political science. I want to travel overseas and learn about Australian Aboriginal and Asian cultures. One of my favorite websites is Youtube.com because it allows me access to old TV shows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE 90's cartoons! Which ones do you watch?
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the 90's cartoons. The modern shows have changed so much, they make the cartoons look three-dimensional. I love art and was a member of the NAHS in high school. I enjoy painting and sketching at my own leisure instead of for a grade. My teacher and I had different views so I found it difficult to conform to her ways in art to receive good grades on projects.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely. I feel like drawn cartoons have more soul to them. Like you know the artists spend days on their work, perfecting their expressions and movements to evolve the character. Now it seems like a programmer can do the same thing in less time and with less individual style and dedication. I watch Freakazoid, Pinky and the Brain, Hey Arnold!, Gargoyles, Hercules the cartoon, Aladdin the cartoon, Rocko's Modern Life, and a few others. And I had an 8th grade art teacher that was so nit picky about what was considered "good" art that it kind of put me off taking art as a class.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how everyone loves the cartoons of the 90s. For a while Nickelodeon had a channel that only played "old" cartoons. It's a little weird considering shows we watched as kids "old." Rocko's Modern life was definitely a favorite of mine. That could have been because people tended to change Rocko to my last name. It was sort of like my own theme song as a kid.
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely right about 90's cartoons being better. I loved Rocko's Modern Life and Courage the Cowardly dog... and so many other. I dont know if you remember this show, but it was called KABLAM! and it had a bunch of amller short skits like: Action League Now and Life with Loopy or something. I don't know, but it was amazing! And in regards to traveling, I have a whole lost of places I want to go. Of course, it will be incredibly expensive, but we can dream right?! :)
ReplyDeleteMy sister and I have this conversation so many times! We both like the 90's cartoons so much better than the newer ones! She thinks the ones form the earlier 90's are weird, but I remember loving them as a kid!
ReplyDeleteI remember Kablam! My favorite skit was Prometheus and Bob.
ReplyDelete90's cartoons were the best back in the day!
ReplyDelete